Day 276 (Is it worth it?)

Now that my kid has started going to day care (settling period), this thought keeps knocking my head, “is it all worth it?”
Letting your child go through adjustments of being social, being away from parents just so you can do your job and earn money for him? 
Can lesser money be such a bad thing? Can Having lesser luxuries and an average schooling be such a curse?
Yes, I know that all of us want to give our children more than what we got (if we can provide that). All of us want our children to not be short of resources when it comes to education, toys, clothes and when they grow up then maybe gadgets and transport. But at what cost?
Seeing my child call my name and crying breathlessly just because he wants to be with me and not with a bunch of strangers is so heartbreaking.
And all I do is... tell myself that he will settle and I have to be strong and wait helplessly outside while he might settle.
To console myself, sometimes I tell myself that there are other children who cried much more than Ayaansh in their settling period and now happily say goodbye to their parents in the morning. And the other part of me see the children who still cry while their parents just wave goodbye, give a kiss and go to their work. It must be difficult for each of those parents as well but can I face this difficulty? Will I be able to go to work with that face in my mind? While knowing that Ayaansh wanted me, needed me, but I chose to drop him there to finish my office work. 

We criticise the method of our parents to raise us, who says that our method is correct? 

Comments

  1. It all depends on ourselves. I left my prestigious and happy job as an HR manager of an esteemed institution for my daughter. I no more get any credit in my account but watching my daughter every min , watching her get through milestones, watching her sleep in peace in my lap whenever she wants to is so much more credit to my life.Every mother has her own way. I vont criticise working moms but this is my way. In life we have to make several choices. This is mine. I might return to work some day when she is old enough to enjoy school until then let me enjoy this phase because I enjoy this more than my practicing my HR skills and more than my hefty pay package. No offense to working moms. We all should do what is right for us. No comparisons between mothers and children but we all should definitely follow our heart.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DAY 316 (Hear, Hear!)

DAY 313 (Retrospection)

DAY 41 (G-talk...Men not allowed..!!!)