DAY 278 (Mother's Day)

Technically, this is my second mother's day but last time I was too naive to understand its gravity. I was hardly a 3-week old mom then. So now that it has been 1+ year of being a mom, I have learnt so much, grown so much!
To start with, I was excited about this Mother's day. I love the fact that it falls on a Sunday every year so I can be with my son all-day long. I know there got to be around a decade more Mother's days when I can expect Ayaansh to really wish me or we spend a day-out together. But till then, I can continue to learn to be a better mom :-)

This last year has taught me how to raise him alone and also how to raise him together. It has taught me when to be dependent and how to be independent. It has taught me to be selfish and selfless, fierce and loving, demanding and giving, sensitive and strong. Ayaansh has given me a beautiful world to live in. To be honest, sometimes its a tiring world too :-D but you know, its all worth it! He has taught me to grow with him. As they say, becoming a mother is like getting a second life. And trust me its so true! You cry like a new-born baby when a life comes out of you. You are confused like him in the beginning as no one trained you on how to be a mother. You try to recognise things, hints and start to grow. Slowly from understanding his hints to talking to him in his gibberish tongue, you grow with him from being an infant mom to a toddler mom.

Motherhood teaches you so many things that maybe 10 childless lives can't teach you. So that's why, I love to share my experiences, solutions, advices with my fellow (Especially junior) moms :-)
Ofcourse, I know when I am needed to back out on my advices but its so calming to know that you can be there to guide someone in the phase when no one was there to guide you.

Last year's mother's day, Ayaansh was a toothless boy who couldn't be awake for more than 1 hour continuously in a day, he couldn't recognise anyone, he couldn't hold his neck. And now, he stands up holding things, talks gibberish non-stop, has 4 teeth (and 2 budding), and crawls like a pro. He is so grown up that he made a card for me in his day care (courtesy : to the teachers there!). Here is a glimpse (that's his foot in the middle!):


Can I get any luckier? :-)

Comments

  1. Year 1 - “I love the fact that it falls on a Sunday every year so I can be with my son all-day long”
    Year 5 - “ how I wish that I can spend this mother’s day sleeping the entire day without cooking or taking care of the kid”
    Just telling
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card at the end, adds up as the Cherry on the top of a Cake!! 😍🥰

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DAY 316 (Hear, Hear!)

DAY 313 (Retrospection)

DAY 315 (Self-worth)