Day 273 (Blog for you...buddy!)

One of my friends who is an ex-colleague, a fellow blogger, a fellow mom and an awesome buddy asked me a few days ago "why don't you write blogs anymore?"

I knew the answer but it never registered that I didn't even attempt to make time. No wait, that's false. Lots of blogs came up in my mind during this time, but they had to be mental blogs. Too much truth, too much exposure, too much offence. So now, finally when I can write something not so controversial, lets go at it.

Last 9 months of my life, phewww... can't be explained in a blog or captured in a book even and I don't have patience or time to write volumes of books. Basically, those were 9 months but everyday was so new to learn how to be a (good) parent that they flew away like they were 9 seconds.

Lessons learnt:
1) You are in this alone.
2) "I will help you" is a myth.
3) Every kid is different so advises are useless (unless they are home remedies for a sickness of the kid).
4) Follow your gut..you are the mom!
5) Your child always loves you no matter how incapable the world thinks you are.
6) Your way is the right way!
7) Sleepless nights will get over one day (still hoping ...)!
8) You can be working and be a mom (still hoping this as well...)!
9) Talk it out with people who you think will understand.
10) If nothing works, see your child smile and everything will fall back into place.

Well, there is lot more to be learnt, and lot more to be explored as once you become a parent everyday teaches you something. Just do not follow rules and be open to changes and options. Whatever happens, being a mother will always be the best feeling in the world!

Cheers!

Comments

  1. That's me me me!!!! Hehe.
    All ten commandments totally true. Especially the last one hehe. :)))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DAY 316 (Hear, Hear!)

DAY 313 (Retrospection)

DAY 41 (G-talk...Men not allowed..!!!)