Day 283 (Testing your limits)

I am a tester (QA analyst) by profession and being a mother has enhanced my skills with another competency: testing my physical limits. The non-stop energy needed, the 24x7 household work, the sleeplessness, the multitasking and what not! It’s really not easy to be a mom along with anything else !

I am lucky in the sense that my kid doesn’t test my mental limits (atleast not yet!). However, I amaze myself everyday by the amount of work I get done on my own. Well, maybe if you come to my house (especially on a weekday), you might look around and say what was that 24x7 household work she was bragging about? But if I wouldn’t have done that, you probably wouldn’t even enter my house too so I will leave it to your imagination.

There has been a change recently on how I take these challenges though. I think I have reduced being a crib-er and I appraised myself everytime the challenge gets a level-up. It maybe an unexpected juggling of tasks or few extra hours of unassisted baby-sitting and house-keeping. But this has taught me that how much have I underestimated myself. This positive thinking has made my life and my surrounding so better because now I can use this energy in workplace or on my physical appearance or maybe blogging!

As they say, give your kids time today, tomorrow they may not want it. I take it very seriously and I don’t want to waste any second on trying to sleep while my child wants to be with me, or just hanging out doing my thing while my child wants to play peek-a-boo with me. I won’t even know it and in few days my child won’t want to be bored at home on weekends and would ask me for sleep-overs at friends’ places. And then I would have ample time to sleep, hang out, date with hubby and what not. And I know that time flies because I have seen it proven when I now see ayaansh’s pictures when he was 1 month or even 6 months old. I can’t even remember the time when he couldn’t sit, didn’t have teeth, could feed on only milk or didn’t crawl/run. If in 1 year, I feel that I have lost a lot of time too soon, it would be a matter of few more memories when he will be a decade old.

So yeah, this limit testing is successfully passing with all greens and I really hope that it never fails me or my kid.

-A tired but happy mom! :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY 316 (Hear, Hear!)

DAY 313 (Retrospection)

DAY 41 (G-talk...Men not allowed..!!!)