Day 308 (Goals and assertions)

Like everyone else, my new year began with some positive assertions in my mind. A basic idea of what I have to focus on and what I have to discard from life. My husband gifted me a planner book which is almost a project book rather and needs another planner to plan on how to fill that book. It asks me to plan out my year first on the year level, then on the month level and then on each day level and I sometimes wonder that if I were so sorted, I wouldn't need the planner after all. However, to those of you who have read "Atomic Habits" and "The power of your subconscious mind", this planner is a hybrid of both and needs a lot of skill which I am trying to acquire and make time for. My problem is that anytime I get, I find something "better" to do which is mostly reading and thus I miss out on a lot on trying some new things. 

Anyway, one of my assertions was trying to write more. There was a time when I used to write 1 blogpost everyday. However, I was as jobless as I could be then (I was literally waiting for my company to give me a joining date), I had no responsibilities and my quality of writing was not even on the beginner level. The quality part has still not improved beyond a margin though.

But well, to assert on my assertion, here I am trying to articulate something readable. There was a trash Salman Khan movie whose dialogue was a piece of trash but yet meaningful (depends on perspective) which said "What gives you the kick?"

So sometimes, when I think my life is becoming a entangled ball of threads or my life is becoming too monotonous, this question pops up my mind and life gets sorted for atleast few months. 

For me, setting a difficult goal and achieving it gives me the kick. When you read this, you might think difficult maps to something unimaginable, non-achievable. No, ofcourse not. By difficult, I mean simple but difficult things. Difficult for me, my routine, my life, my body, my brain.

So for example, setting a goal to wake up at 6 am and going for a run at 6:30 am. Getting myself prepared to do this and then achieving it gives me the kick. Honestly, running is the easiest part in this process. If I get the motivation to get up from the bed, 80% battle is won. And that what it takes for any goal in life. Taking the first step. Starting to do it. Deciding to do it and planning sincerely for it. That's all it takes.

Often I see people asking me, how do you read so much? Do you skip on pages? Do you skip on epilogue or prologue? No, I don't. All I do is, I read everyday. That's it. I don't care how many pages. I don't care how many minutes. Some books need time to absorb so we can't measure them in a marathon of pages. I just make sure to read everyday. It all seems so small and maybe irrelevant but its all the relevance that you need most of the times.

So this blog was just to encourage you, the readers, to not be afraid to take the first step. Don't worry about the finish line, have the courage to stand on the start line. And let me know "What gives 'YOU' the kick?" 

Have a kicking new year 2023!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DAY 316 (Hear, Hear!)

DAY 313 (Retrospection)

DAY 41 (G-talk...Men not allowed..!!!)