Day 282 (Stop fooling yourself...)

We don’t realise what we are doing to our family till it’s too late. It’s so common everywhere. We convince ourselves that what we are doing is for our kids, our family whereas it’s usually our selfish interest. We are not putting our asses to work and convincing ourselves to be merited one day because we love our kids. We do it because we want to do it. Because we want to succeed. We want to excel in our career.

That’s one perspective and it’s relative. What might be a loss for one can be a gain for another. I might take it as losing it on my own health, time with my kid, and from someone else’s perspective might be that it’s small sacrifices for big benefits for me and my family’s future.

There is no right or wrong here. There is no success our failure here. And I am no sadhguru here. But it’s very simple for me.
Does my career excellence gives me the same happiness as picking up my kid on time or maybe early everyday and never make him wait for even a minute outside his school/daycare?
Does my salary hike gives me same satisfaction as taking that extra day off to take care of my sick kid or working up on my health?
Does my manager’s appreciation makes me as elated as my kid’s flying kiss at me?

My answer is very simple for everything that happens in and around my life. My son has shown me beauty in a different perspective, happiness in a different dimension and satisfaction at a different level. Things that, I for probably half of my life, didn’t even know existed. Do I want to spend the rest half of my life in the same definitions I knew while fooling myself that I am cherishing this incredible new experience? Or do I really want to live a better rest of the half of my life?

The answer is obvious, isn’t it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY 316 (Hear, Hear!)

DAY 313 (Retrospection)

DAY 41 (G-talk...Men not allowed..!!!)